Welcome to the Speaker Service Center
We are very pleased that you will be speaking at the 35th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy.
You will be receiving correspondence regarding your presentation from us. Please set your spam blockers to accept e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agree and initial the online Speaker Agreement by 11:59pm, EDT, March 18, 2015
- Provide a digital photo for use on the website by 11:59pm, EDT, Friday, May 1, 2015
- Complete the Presentation Requests form by 11:59pm, EDT, Friday, May 1, 2015
- Upload Handout material for the Conference Syllabus by 11:59pm, EDT, Friday, May 1, 2015
We reserve the right to cancel a program/speaker if all deadlines are not met.
The Schedule for all presentations, workshops and meetings are to be finalized by the Program Committee the first week of May, 2015
Speaker Service Center Pages:
- Speaker Welcome - this page.
- Speaker Profile Update - to update your contact info, bio and photograph.
- Speaker Session Edit - to update description of any assigned presentation.
- Presentation Requests - to identify requests, recording authorization, book-signing, and more.
- Upload Handout - to provide or replace the handouts associated with your presentations.
Specific items in the Speaker Service Center:
- Add/remove secondary speakers: You may include additional speakers. Speakers added after March 12, 2015 will not be eligible for a speaker discount. (Speaker Session Edit).
- Book-signing: If you would like to have a sale and signing or your book immediately after your presentation, please let us know (Presentation Requests).
- Conference dates and speaker deadlines: These can be found on this Welcome Page.
- Disability accommodations: Please let us know of any accommodations you require (Presentation Requests).
- Facilitation request: You can designate a person to introduce you or leave it to the committee to assign a person. Be sure to obtain the agreement your designee (Presentation Requests).
- General information, including key dates: This information is available here, on the Speaker Welcome page.
- Handouts: Handouts are required and highly valued. They will be included in the Conference Syllabus and downloadable to the Conference App - please submit as a PDF file. (Upload Handout)
- Non-standard equipment requirements: If you require equipment in addition to the standard set-up, please so indicate (Presentation Requests).
- Presentation title: You may not modify the title of your presentation. If you wish to adjust it, please send an email to the Program Committee at email@example.com.
- Presentation description: You may update the description of your presentation. Any modification should be within the spirit of the original (Speaker Session Edit)
- Speaker bio: You may update the bio which was originally entered when the abstract was submitted (Speaker Profile Update).
- Speaker contact information: Please feel free to update the contact information which was originally entered when the abstract was submitted (Speaker Profile Update).
- Speaker photograph: Please provide a digital photo for Conference use - recommended size 200x200 dpi (Speaker Profile Update).
- Special requests: Such requests can be entered for consideration by the program committee (Presentation Requests).
- Each lecture is scheduled for 45 minutes, which includes 10 minutes for questions and answers. Each computer workshop and panel is scheduled for 2 hours.
- There is a 15 minute break between sessions.
- Breakfasts with the experts will take place from 7:00 am to 8:10 am, Monday through Thursday.
- Morning presentations and meetings will take place at 8:15, 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 Monday through Friday.
- Morning computer workshops will take place from 8:15 to 10:00 and 10:15 am to noon, Monday through Friday.
- SIG Luncheons will take place from 12:30 to 1:50 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Afternoon presentations and meetings will take place 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 and 17:00, Monday through Thursday.
- Afternoon computer workshops will take place from 14:00 to 15:45 and 16:00 to 17:45, Monday through Thursday.
- Evening presentations will generally take place 19:30 or 20:00.
- No evening computer workshops are planned.
- There will be various special events which will be announced on the website.
- Book Signing (not applicable to Birds-of-a-Feather): If you wish to sell your book at the Conference, a book signing will be arranged at no cost to the seller. For additional information, please refer to the Presentation Requests page.
- Conference Registration Speaker Discount: Speakers will be provided a discount code for their registration. This will be provided by March 20, 2015 to those speakers who have completed their Speaker Acceptance.
- Guest Passes: Each speaker will receive one Session Guest Pass for each of his or her sessions, which will be included in the speaker’s registration packet. If the speaker desires more than one person not registered for the Conference to attend one of his or her sessions, the speaker must purchase additional Session Guest Passes at the Registration Desk for $20 each.
- Hotel Reservations: Be sure to make your hotel reservations promptly to ensure you are able to book your room at the special conference rate. Use the link from the conference web site to get this special rate.
- Presentation Handouts: You are expected to upload handout material for each presentation which will be included in the online and printed syllabus and available through the conference app. Format must conform to requirements which are detailed on the Upload Handout page.
- Speaker Materials: The biography, presentation title and abstract that you submitted have been entered into the Speaker Service Center. You may update your biography and abstract in the Speaker Service Center. However they will be frozen on May 1, 2015. The Conference website will display your biography, picture (if submitted), the title of your presentation and the abstract. Your biography, the title of your presentation, and the abstract, plus your handouts, will be in the Conference syllabus and on the Conference app.
- Standard AV Equipment (not applicable to Birds-of-a-Feather sessions): Lectern with microphone, laptop PC with PowerPoint for you to use with your USB flash drive, digital LCD projector and projection screen, wired or wireless Internet connectivity. You may not substitute your own equipment.
Conference Dates and Location:
- Dates: Monday, July 6 - Friday, July 10, 2015
- Location: Ramada Hotel, Jerusalem
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Program Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to a great Conference and very much appreciate your participation.
Garri Regev & Lea Haber Gedalia, Program Committee
Michael Goldstein, Conference Chair