The traveler to Israel walks through history: from windswept crusader castles to ports where seamen, pilgrims and famous travelers spent some time and then moved on; from desert landscapes that were home to traveling tribes, half forgotten armies and merchants in camel caravans, to sheikhs’ tombs with whitened domes, silent monasteries and ancient synagogues decorated with colorful mosaics.
The State of Israel was created in the Land of Israel which was promised to the People of Israel according to Jewish tradition.
The meeting place of three continents and two seas, the country is a skein of cultures, customs and traditions, a country that was home to many people, cultures and changing religions. On the crossroads of ancient routes of commerce, the land also saw waves of conquering armies: the Canaanites, Hebrews, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Crusaders, Ottoman Turks and the British, made this much-desired small country into a battlefield where they strove for eminence, built fortifications, castles and royal palaces.
Israel is located in the Middle East, on the narrow region connecting Africa and Asia.
The country's geographical borders are the Mediterranean to the West, the Jordan Valley Rift to the East, Lebanon mountains to the North and Eilat Bay marking the country's southern tip. Although small in territory, Israel's landscape and climate are varied. There are snow-capped mountains in the north alongside dry wildernesses in the south, and desolate areas alongside modern lively cities. Israel’s ethnic and religious mosaic is rich and fascinating, and it has numerous cultural institutions and entertainment centers. Thanks to its rich history and sanctity for the three monotheistic religions, it has many ancient and holy sites. Israel’s dense population does not interfere with a wealth of plants and wildlife, as well as many historical and natural attractions.
Israel offers family historians and genealogists:
- Repositories and archives with relevant records - From Haifa in the north to cities all over Israel - archives, libraries and additional specialized repositories have relevant holdings for those researching their families.
- For an extensive list of the possibilities, see this page: http://genealogy.org.il/resources/israel-resources/
- The opportunity to connect with family living in Israel. Meet with the newly-discovered branches of your family who live all over Israel.
Israel offers travelers:
- A wealth of touring opportunities, including pilgrimage journeys, resort holidays, cultural tours, water sports adventures and desert safaris.
- Luxury hotels, glamorous spas and unique restaurants. In addition to world-class Israeli hotels, almost every international hotel chain is represented in Israel.
- A central location, where Europe, Asia and Africa meet.
- Numerous connecting flights to and from all major world centers.
- Countless reasons to bring your family or a loved one and stay a few more days.
Before, during and after the conference, attendees and friends or family can enjoy a diverse choice of sightseeing tours and excursions specially tailored to highlight the magic and spectacle of Israel.
Pre- and post-conference tours will be ADVERTISED on this website.
For private tours, contact the conference planner: email@example.com.
More information about Israel and touring in Israel:
Israel Ministry of Tourism