Tips For Efficient Time Management During Business Trips Abroad
When travelling abroad for business we usually have limited time for achieving the goals of our trip; therefore it is important to be efficient and effective. Here are a few tips that will help you when planning your next trip:
• Hotel – the key word is location, location, location. Choosing an expensive but centrally located hotel is sometimes better than staying in a cheaper hotel that is located in the outskirts of town, thus forcing you to get acquainted with all the back alleys…
• Travel light – the fewer suitcases you have, the quicker your security checks will take. The same goes for electrical appliances.
• Once on the plane, set your watch to the local time of your destination and try to sleep during the flight – this has been proven helpful for overcoming jetlag.
• Prior to traveling to an unfamiliar destination, try to find out what is the ideal form of transportation and explore the available routes and options.
• In large cities, use public transportation instead of wasting a lot of time and efforts on navigating and trying to find parking for your rented car.
• When renting a car for a short period of time, make sure that the pick-up/drop-off location is inside the airport. This may be more expensive, but it is better than travelling to/from the airport by shuttles.
• While abroad, don’t waste your time trying to find good bargains. In regards to accommodation and transportation, it is always better to use a third party in Israel. Remember: when you are abroad, your time is more valuable than when you are at home.
• Cheap air travel might prove to be very expensive should you have to make changes or cancellations. Usually, it is worthwhile to pay more in order to get the flexibility you may need.
Back to articles